In this tutorial I will teach you how to add a contact form on your WordPress website using the contact form plugin Gravity Forms.
Click to read step by step instructions.
Creating the Gravity Form
- Ensure Gravity Forms is installed and activated on your website
- Go to Forms > Add New Form
- Give the Form a title e.g. Contact Us Form
- Click create form
- Using the fields in the right hand side you can add in fields to your form (e.g. Name, Phone, Email etc).
- You can do plain text fields, comment fields, drop downs, check boxes and much more
- Plus you have pre-determinded fields under Advanced which allow you to choose Name, Email, Phone quickly
- You can drag and drop your fields until you are happy with the order
- Click on Update form when you are ready to make the changes permanent
Set Up Email Notifications
You can setup Email Notifications under Form Settings.
- Select the Notifications option
- Click edit the Admin Notification
- Choose your email to send to (put in the email you wish to receive enquiries)
- Select the email from (this will display in your email Name field)
- Select the from email you want the form to come from (can be a standard email or the email of the person submitting the field)
- Choose a subject
- Then hit update notification
Add Your Contact Form to the Page
Once your contact form has been set up you need to add it to a page.
- You can create a new page or edit an existing page
- Choose where you wish your form to display
- Click on the Add Form button
- Then from the drop down choose your form
- You can use the options of adding the form title or the description if you wish
- Then click insert
- You will then see a shortcode on the page once you can see this you can click preview and your form will be on the page
- Click update to save your changes