We wrote an article last month about page admins for Facebook pages.
There is a new Facebook feature for page admins, that we are LOVING. Facebook have released Facebook Admin Roles, meaning you can limit how much your page admins can do. Perfect to be able to protect your page.
So here is an outline of the new roles.
There are 5 types of admin roles available on Facebook now, all with varying permissions.
- Content Creator
- Insights Analyst
Manager being the highest permission that you can have. Manager is the default permissions.
If you don’t want an admin to have control over admin roles, then make sure they are something other than manager.
This is particularly handy for larger businesses who require a large amount of admins.
See the graph below from Facebook that outlines the different permissions.
How do I add a page admin?
In order to add a person as an admin on your Page simply follow these steps.
- Go to your admin panel and then click on Edit Page
- The in your left menu, choose Admin Roles
- Type in the person you wish to add as an admin
- Once select you need to choose what kind of admin you want to add
- Click Save Changes
- You will need to enter your Facebook password